Open allClose all
- What time can we arrive at the guest house?
- You can arrive any time you like; your room may not be ready until 11.30 a.m. but you can safely leave your luggage with us and go and enjoy your first day. Similarly we would appreciate you being out of your room by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure but you can leave your luggage here and enjoy another full day before you have to leave the islands.
- What clothes should we bring?
- Not a lot - there are luggage restrictions if you come by air (check the operator's instructions for details), but in any case, Scilly is a very laid-back place; a tie for the menfolk is appreciated at the top-of-the-market hotel restaurants, but 'smart casual' is acceptable everywhere. You will need comfortable shoes for walking (trainers are perfectly adequate if you don't have walking boots), and waterproofs will ensure you can make the most of everyday. You will need your own towels for the beach and bring your swimming costume if you are brave - the water is cold.
- What time is breakfast served?
- Cooked breakfast is available from 8.30 - 9.00 a.m. this gives you plenty of time to go down and catch a boat. Continental breakfast is available until 9.30 a.m. If your departure flight is an early one, we will be happy to serve you an early continental breakfast in plenty of time for your pick-up.
- Where can we eat in the evening?
- We have a list of places to suit all tastes and pockets and, having tried them all, we will be happy to help you choose. During the summer you can even get a boat to an off-island for a meal. Booking is advisable at certain places for that special occasion. Please note that some restaurants do not accept credit cards.
- Can we get our laundry done?
- Yes, there is a launderette round the corner who will do a same-day service wash. We have an iron and ironing board if your clothes arrive suffering from suitcase fatigue.
- Are there any banks?
- There is a branch of both Barclays and Lloyds who have a hole-in-the-wall which accepts cards from most banks. You can also get cash-back from the local co-op. Most of the larger shops have credit card facilities but many of the restaurants, small galleries and craft shops can only accept cash or cheque with a bankers card.
- What can we do if it rains?
- There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes - if you have good waterproofs there is nothing to stop you enjoying the scenery or a walk to the museum or a tour of the art galleries and potteries. We will dry your waterproofs for you when you get back. Alternatively, curl up in the sitting-room with a good book - we've got hundreds!
- Is Scilly a safe place to visit?
- Without doubt, yes. We have one of the lowest crime rates in the UK. You can feel completely safe walking out day and night, and guests who mislaid their handbags/cameras/binoculars etc have always got them back intact.
- Once on the island, how do we get to Crebinick House?
- If arriving by air, you will be transported by bus from the airport St. Mary's to our door, and the same service operates for your return journey. If arriving by sea, your luggage can be delivered to our door by the Island Carriers, so you can enjoy the short walk unencumbered. Alternatively you can pre-book a taxi.